1. No story line whatsoever. No talking; no narrating.
2. Words, numbers, stick figures, etc. may be allowed only when they are used for aesthetic purposes (for cool-looking effects... or secret messages) --but not to create a story.
3. Have some sort of balance. In other words, don't do most of your animating in a tiny square. It can symmetrical but doesn't have to be . Also, make sure to use multiple frames when appropriate.
4. Additions must flow smoothly with previous entries. This is part of the challenge.
5. Save as open source and tag the video "The Abstract Challenge"
6. Don't edit previous entries, change the frame-rate (20 ms per frame), etc.
7. Be original. :) The more creative, the better.
It's nice to see a color change in a while.